Risk and assurance functions (whether in-house or outsourced) perform best when they have impartial in-house leadership who is:
- internal to the organisation and wedded to it’s success
- at a senior enough level of experience and gravitas to set direction and drive performance
- is not aligned to a particular service provider (particularly important for partially outsourced functions).
Smaller organisations often invest in great executional resources but can’t justify having a senior person in-house.
And part-timers are great, except when you need something to happen on their scheduled day off.
This is where we come in.
TDA has a small pool of highly experienced CAEs and CROs who you’d love to have access to but could only dream of hiring.
We work with organisations to put together a custom program to lead their functions through a “fractional” CAE / CRO. These leaders work with the organisation as much or as little as required to:
- Drive the team and/or service providers to be highly performing and highly relevant
- Coach, develop and stretch your in-house team
- Shape communications and plans so that they are CEO and board-ready
- Provide surge capacity around key events (planning, board committees etc)
- Be a trusted insider to deal with cultural challenges and opportunities
- Make sure your audit and risk functions are strategic and value add
- Scale up or scale down as required.
The model can start at 20 days per annum, scaling up and down during the year to deal with peak activity.
If you want a Lexus experience with Toyota budget, a fractional approach could be just what you need.
We have great people in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and northern NSW who are ready to go.
We can also provide interim Chief Auditors and Chief Risk Officers to cover temporary absences (such as during parental leave, secondments, or during the search for a permanent replacement).
Call us to explore options.