Contemporary practice is constantly evolving for audit and risk committees, driven by external expectations, and the evolving capabilities of the audit and risk functions that support them.
Audit and risk committee chairs bring TDA in when they want to:
- better understand the capability and effectiveness of their audit and risk functions;
- know what they can reasonably expect of those functions;
- develop a plan to drive better results.
They also work with us to help shape their own agendas, charters and other tools to make sure those committees and their members are high performing, covering the right areas and executing these well.
Todd Davies brings the unique combination of skills, experiences and perspectives from being:
- seasoned advisor on governance matters and to boards for over 20 years;
- a former head of audit and risk for an ASX 50 company and mentored by some of the greats;
- director, executive and seed investor of early stage companies and high profile not for profits; and
- governance ‘wonk’ with a strong interest and history in corporate governance best practice, framework and regulatory design.
The combination of these attributes brings not only a strong understanding of what’s possible and what’s required, but also the experience that can only be attained from being in the hot seat as a director and audit and risk committee member in a number of highly testing situations.
Todd has worked with and been mentored by and worked for some of Australia’s best respected non-executive directors and audit and risk committee members and chairs. He has a strong sense of what’s required and what’s practical based by extensive research and application.
Todd has chaired and been a member of Audit & Risk Committees for major public institutions as well as being a board member and/or Chairmen of a range of different entities in the not for profit, government and private sector.
These have included:
- Director, Bunbury Institute of Advanced Education
- Chairman, Western Australian Music Industry Association
- Director, Pulse Radio Group
- Director, Institute of Internal Auditors – Australia
- Member, ASX Corporate Governance Council
- Chairman, GreenCollar Group
- Chairman, South East Sydney Local Health District Audit & Risk Committee *
- Member, Wollongong City Council Governance Committee
- Chairman, Cancer Institute NSW Audit & Risk Committee *
- Member, Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District Audit & Risk Committee *
- Member, State Emergency Service NSW Audit & Risk Committee *
- Member, Sydney Trains Audit & Risk Committee *
- Director and Audit Committee Chairman, Australian Conservation Foundation *
- Chairman, Resilient Futures *
* Current appointment
With Funds Under Governance of $5.8 billion, ranging from the small to the large, Todd can give practical insights on what is required to make your committees sing.
Start with a confidential discussion
If you chair an audit or risk committee and want to achieve higher performance, call or email us for a confidential, no-obligation discussion.
Or with our free resources
If you are an independent member of an audit, risk or compliance committee, and would like to develop a broader support network and stay up to date, please join the Audit Committee Network discussion group on LinkedIn which we have set up specifically for this purpose. (Please note you must be a member of an audit, risk or compliance committee to join).
Alternatively, The Davies Report is free newsletter that is read by top Audit and Risk Executives, committee members, non-executive directors and even former Auditors General. Subscribe on the front page of our website.