Todd helped me to develop my 90 day plan and supported me in my first 12 months. With this help I avoided a lot of dead ends, shaved 6 months off implementation, made the right first impressions and saved a lot of money along the way.” Chief Auditor, ASX 20 company (first role as a CAE, now an experienced respected serial-CAE)
During your first 90 days as a new Chief Audit Executive there will be many moments of truth for your function’s brand and for you personally.
It is a time to be firm in conviction and in purpose, while also building consensus.
Today’s Chief Assurance Executives (also known as Chief Audit Officers, CAEs or Heads of Internal Audit) must be able to hold their own with Australia’s leading directors and executives.
They must be able to partner with the CEO and CFO while also holding them to account and build bridges with them and the business at the same time.
The first 90 days often makes the difference between a Chief Auditor being successful or not.
To help with this we’ve developed a free white paper to guide your thinking when taking on a new role.
Now in it’s second edition, this 17 page document is full of advice from interview prep right through various 90 day cycles and three year plans. It covers:
- The Modern Chief Assurance Officer
- Tips on role fit and mandate shaping during the recruitment process
- Different strategies for different profiles of new CAEs
- Key thinking in the first 30, 90 days, and before setting foot in the office for the first time
- Why the second and third trimesters are so critical and what to be thinking about
- Thoughts about vision, scorecard, capabilities, roadmaps and stakeholders
- Strategies and ways we can help
To find out more about strategies to help you to lead the audit function and how we can help, download our free white paper – The first 90 days for the new Chief Audit Executive by completing the form below.
This paper is now supported by some short-sharp reminders at the 30, 90 and 180 day marks to help you to stay on track. This is a free service and is being well received. You can opt out at any time. We hope you find it useful.